**The Testing Center will close at 5:00 PM on May 23rd and 24th and will be closed on Friday, the 25th for BRCC Commencement**
Mid City Campus Hours of Operation (January 3rd - June 1st)
Monday - 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Tuesday - 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Wednesday - 8 a.m. to 7p.m.
Thursday - 8 a.m. to 7 p.m.
Friday - 8 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Select Saturdays - 8 a.m. to Noon
UPCOMING SATURDAY DATES
Testing Center Rules
- Students MUST present a PHYSICAL valid photo ID in order to check in and test (No images or pictures). Valid ID’s
include current school or government issued ID’s and employee photo ID’s. ID's Must
contain both first and last name.
- No outside items are allowed in the Testing Center. This includes cell phones, watches, purses, backpacks, food/drink, headphones, caps/hoods, sunglasses,
etc. Bottled water is permitted but must remain on the floor.
- Notes, books, and calculators are strictly prohibited. They may only be used if permitted by your instructor.
- The Testing Center is a quiet, secure area. Please be respectful of other testers.
If you need assistance, raise your hand and a staff member will assist you as soon
as possible. Otherwise, remain silent while testing.
- Locker space is very limited. Please do not bring any outside materials with you to check in.
- Once a tester has started an exam, he/she may not leave the Testing Center except
in case of an extreme emergency. Students who leave the designated proctored environment
will forfeit the remainder of their allotted time for testing. They will not be allowed
to continue with their test without permission from their instructor.
- Children and non-testers takers are not allowed in the Testing Center.
- Unless otherwise indicated, the Testing Center will close promptly at the times listed
on our website. If you are late to your appointment, you are not permitted to test beyond closing
- Testers should arrive 15 minutes before their scheduled appointment. Testers arriving 30 minutes after their scheduled time are marked as a no-show and
will not be permitted to test.
- All exams are collected or submitted at closing time, even if they are not complete.
It is the responsibility of the student to ensure they have sufficient time to complete
- Please raise your hand once you have completed your exam. Testing Center Staff will
collect your testing ticket and all exam materials, including scratch paper. You
may not leave with any notes or any portion of the exam.
- Students caught cheating or in violation of any Testing Center policies will result
in your immediate dismissal.
The Mid City campus Testing Center is located in Room 160 of the Magnolia Building. Check in at the front desk as you enter for testing instructions.
Accuplacer testing will also be offered at the following locations
- BRCC Jackson: Call (225) 634-2636 to schedule.
- BRCC New Roads: Call (225) 638-8613 to schedule.
- BRCC Students retaking part of the Accuplacer Placement Test- $10 for one part, $20 for two parts and $30 for the full test
- Non-BRCC Students taking the Accuplacer Placement Test - $30
- Non-BRCC proctored exams, CLEP, DSST - $25
NOTE: You must pay any required fees before arriving to take the test. Click here to pay fees (if necessary). Please direct any questions to the BRCC Testing Center.
Time permitted for BRCC instructors' exams is determined by the instructor. Students taking the full Accuplacer should expect to test for at least 120 minutes. Please schedule your appointments with that time in mind.
Students are strongly encouraged to schedule appointments for all tests at least 24 hours ahead of time using the online scheduler. If you cannot make your scheduled appointment, please reschedule or cancel so that someone else may use that time slot.
Other Testing Available
- CLEP and DSST: You may schedule by selecting CLEP or DSST on our scheduler. You must purchase your registration ticket through CLEP and pay a $25 Proctoring fee prior to your appointment.
- HiSET: Please visit the HiSET website for information on enrolling in the program.
- Work Keys: If you are a company using Work Keys, we can provide the testing you need. Please contact the Testing Center at email@example.com of (225) 216-8038 to begin the application process.
- Non-BRCC Students: If you are an online student taking classes at another institution
and need to take your tests in a proctored environment, BRCC can help. Students must complete
a Student's Proctor Request. Instructors will also be required to complete an Instructor's Proctor Request. Please contact the Testing Center at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
When You Arrive
Prior to check in, you must have:
- Proof of Identity (valid driver's license, student ID, passport, military ID, or other approved form of picture ID)
- Proof of Payment* (physical receipt from Bursar's Office or electronic receipt from email)
* Only applies to Non-BRCC testers and Accuplacer Retesters